Clogged dryer vents can often lead to fires, damaged dryers, and higher energy bills. Beehive Duct Cleaning's professional dryer vent cleaning service can help you avoid these common issues by providing a thorough cleaning of your dryer vents, ensuring your dryer operates efficiently, and minimizing the risk of fire hazards. Trust us to keep your dryer vents clean and your home safe.
Beehive Duct Cleaning is Utah’s number 1 dryer vent cleaning service. cleaning about 2,000 dryer vents per year. Among these are single family homes, HOAs and apartment communities.
The primary cause of dryer failure and one of the primary causes of house fires is the lack of maintenance of the dryer exhaust duct. The filter screen in your dryer will not catch 100% of the lint. Excess lint should be expelled from the house through the dryer vent. Due to friction, lint will accumulate over time until the dryer duct congests.
Restricted airflow will cause the dryers’ heat to remain in the dryer, which in turn causes the heating element or other components to fail. An unfortunate factoid is that we receive 6 or 7 calls per month from people indicating they have just replaced their dryer and that the new dryer is indicating a slow flow rate. When I inquire why they replaced their previous dryer, they share that it just died. Most, if not all, of those dryers were caused to fail by congested dryer vents. Then, of course, the new dryer doesn’t work properly either, due to the congested dryer vent. Virtually all of those dryers would have survived had a routine duct cleaning been performed.
There are several warning signs that may indicate that your dryer vent is congested:
- Clothes take longer to dry or don’t dry fully
- Clothes are hotter than normal at the end of the drying cycle
- The outside of dryer gets very hot
- Outside exhaust vent flaps do not open much, indicating low exhaust velocity
- Laundry room becomes more humid than usual
- Burnt smell is evident in the laundry room
Having your dryer vent cleaned can reduce costs and risks. We are committed to keeping families like yours safe by providing comprehensive and thorough cleaning and analysis of your dryers’ ventilation system.
- Inspect behind the dryer – Frequently we find the connecting hose has been slightly crushed.. We want to assure maximum airflow from the dryer to the exhaust duct.
- Turn on the dryer. This may be on the “fluff cycle”
- Take an air speed reading at the exhaust termination/vent on the outside wall or roof, prior to beginning the clean out.
- Perform the lint and debris removal service. We leave the dryer running during this process, as it aids in the process itself and in evaluating progress of the job.
- Take another air speed reading when clean out service is complete. (these readings are noted on the service contract for reference
- Service warranty on horizontal dryer ducts for 12 months!
***Recommendation from experience – Don’t use a brush kit. For that matter, don’t hire anyone still using brushes professionally to clean dryer vents. There’s a reason we set aside brushes many years ago. If you PUSH a brush into a 90 degree elbow hard enough, you WILL separate it from the straight section it was attached to. I get a number of calls each month from people asking if we can retrieve a section of the brush system they were trying to clean with. I have a terrific handyman if you are in this situation already. It usually requires opening up the wall and patching after repairs are made to the duct.
Bird Nest Removal/Placement of Bird Guard
Yes, we perform bird nest removal. Birds do not tend to nest in vents that are within reach of humans. They tend to frequent ducts that are out of the reach of humans. Birds have no problem lifting the flaps and hopping in to build their nests. The nests will quickly dam off the escape of lint and it will accumulate and back up to the dryer, and even to the igniter, if left without attention. Birds do not reuse nests and will build one nest after another, year after year. We have removed nests up to seven feet long. A bird guard option is available upon request.